How Apple has changed data collection
In the latest versions of ITP, Apple introduced key changes impacting data collection:
- Clicking through from an ad or post from Facebook or Instagram is erased after just 7 days.
- Cookies set from cross-domain links will be deleted after one day.
- Any data collected through third-party tracking can be deleted by the user
- First-party data now only lasts for 7 days unless they are server side cookies.
EQ C&C creates a client subdomain for first-party tracking. This is a comprehensive tool that does more than just solve cookie problems.
- Facebook Conversion API can be implemented with no other website changes aside from installing EQ C&C.
- Keep using your existing GTM configuration without expensive updates. EQ C&C “learns” adaptive tagging from your existing setup.
- All user activity is logged at the hit level.
- Raw hit data can be exported, including all campaign tracking data.
- G4 Integration, merge your Facebook data with your Google Data.
- User activity data can be imported into tools such as Google Data Studio and Big Query for further analysis and blending with other data sources like G4.
- CRM data can enhance conversion events before being sent server side to Facebook.
- Visibility into post-click user activity, to offset the delay in reporting and events provided in Facebook’s Ad Manager.
- Tracking of post-click attribution beyond Facebook’s 7 day tracking, important for websites with longer sales cycles.
- Data validation ensures duplicate events are not recorded, and fixes third-party issues such as recurring billing, upsell funnels, and various payment providers. This resolves issues associated with purchase and rebilling for subscription sales as well as upsell, downsell and cross-sell offers.
- The ability to maintain first-party cookies, for example the _fbc click cookie can now outlasts 7 days. Other cookies can be set as “server” cookies as needed. This allows the cookies all to last their normal lifetimes.
- Campaign persistence - UTM parameters and FBCLID are maintained and used to connect Facebook and other data.