EQ C&C creates a client subdomain for first-party tracking. This is a comprehensive tool that does more than just solve cookie problems.
- Facebook Conversion API can be implemented with no other website changes aside from installing EQ C&C.
- Keep using your existing GTM configuration without expensive updates. EQ C&C “learns” adaptive tagging from your existing setup.
- All user activity is logged at the hit level.
- Raw hit data can be exported, including all campaign tracking data.
- G4 Integration, merge your Facebook data with your Google Data.
- User activity data can be imported into tools such as Google Data Studio and Big Query for further analysis and blending with other data sources like G4.
- CRM data can enhance conversion events before being sent server side to Facebook.
- Visibility into post-click user activity, to offset the delay in reporting and events provided in Facebook’s Ad Manager.
- Tracking of post-click attribution beyond Facebook’s 7 day tracking, important for websites with longer sales cycles.
- Data validation ensures duplicate events are not recorded, and fixes third-party issues such as recurring billing, upsell funnels, and various payment providers. This resolves issues associated with purchase and rebilling for subscription sales as well as upsell, downsell and cross-sell offers.
- The ability to maintain first-party cookies, for example the _fbc click cookie can now outlasts 7 days. Other cookies can be set as “server” cookies as needed. This allows the cookies all to last their normal lifetimes.
- Campaign persistence - UTM parameters and FBCLID are maintained and used to connect Facebook and other data.
Set Up: Step-by-step Process
- Technical Resources call (Required Attendees)
- Person who can edit DNS for your domain, often the person who has access to the domain registry account where the domain was setup.
- Person with access to GTM or to the website code. For example who can edit a Shopify Theme.
- DNS technical set up: We will walk you through the required steps. That will end up creating a subdomain like landing.yoursite.com.
- Facebook Business Manager admin access to the Pixel. We will use that to test and create a CAPI Access Token.
- Back-end set up: one day set up by EQ C&C.
- Data! Raw data sent to you for your marketing and analytic needs and to Facebook via CAPI.